Duchy Round Up April 2nd

By Dan Code

All this weekends Duchy league action

JJ Jones Duchy Football League
Biscovey and St Minver had differing fortunes leading up to their KO Cup semi final next Wednesday night
at Godolphin FC 7.00 pm kick off.
Biscovey went down 4-2 at Saltash United a result that puts them ten points behind the Premier Division
leaders with just one game in hand and drops them down to fourth in the table. The result virtually rules out
Biscovey's title challenge, their two goals coming from Rory Barnicle and Alex Woodcock. Saltash's win lifts
them up to fifth their highest position of the season. Their goal scorers were Lee Powell, Callum Court,
Tarran Hames and Ben Holter.
Leaders St Minver consolidated their advantage with a 3-1 win at Pelynt. Rob Green fired them into an early
lead with Ryan Pooley grabbing the second. Pelynt fought back to pull a goal back through Anthony Harman
but Saints were awarded a last minute penalty and Corey Cleave shot home to secure the points.
Edgcumbe stay in the hunt and go above Biscovey into second after beating North Petherwin 3-0. Graham
O'Neill, Jay Boyle and Adam Jones were the marksmen.
Looe Town dropped vital points in their title challenge, but stay third, when held three all at St Mawgan.
Looe led 3-1 with ten minutes remaining and had missed a penalty so the late fightback from the hosts will
be hard to take. Goals from Jay Fisher, Kieran Faulkner and Cameron Patterson had put the visitors in a
dominant position but the penalty miss gave St Mawgan renewed hope. They hit back with two late goals,
their scorers being Stuart Harris, Chris Jordan and Lee Bryant..
With Bodmin Dragon Centre again ruled out by the weather AFC Bodmin sportingly gave up home
advantage and visited Gerrans & St Mawes United for their Division One fixture. Match referee Gary
Cornish after being stood down early in the morning then agreed to the switch of venue and had a superb
game. The final result, a two all draw was a fair reflection of the game. Harry Wilshaw scored both home
goals with Dexter Reeves and Dan Haggett replying for Bodmin.
The other two games played in the division resulted in heavy home wins. Gunnislake reverted to Tavistock
3G to get their game with St Newlyn East played. Gunnislake hit ten without reply with Kieren Jasper hitting
six of the goals. The remaining four were shared between Nick Beman, Chris Parsons, James Andrews and
Stuart Wakenshaw.
Mike Steele and Jowan Knights scored a hat trick apiece as LC Phoenix thrashed Premier Sixes 11-1 to move
up to second. Cameron Bailey added a brace for the hosts with Josh Barron, Sam Iggulden and an own goal
completing their tally. Kieran Dewsnap relied with the Sixes consolation goal.
St Columb Major took a giant stride forward in their battle to avoid relegation after a stunning 6-1 win at
Altarnun. The team which has now become much more settled confirmed their recent good form with Craig
Allen and Tom Ball scoring a brace apiece with Mickey Thompson and Ash Bicknell completing their tally.
Sam Smith scored the home consolation.
Holywell/Cubert Athletic require to keep winning to have a chance of a promotion slot in Division Two. A 3-
0 win over St Cleer helps keep alive their hopes with Simon Holmes netting a brace and Lee Mann adding
the other goal.
Tintagel maintained their promotion challenge beating Calstock 5-1. Adam Price hit a hat trick with Tom
Parkyn and Adam Wright completing the home scoring. Ricky Williams replied for Calstock.
Top visited bottom with Veryan emphasising the difference with a stunning 13 (thirteen) to one win over
Stoke Climsland. Tyler Cheshire scored five goals with Liam Cocks and Craig Phillips getting four each.
Blaine Sperring scored the home reply.
Queens Rangers were a little disappointing at home to Boscastle slipping to a 3-1 defeat. Ben Hawken scored
the home goal. Boscastle won with a Dan Piper brace and a Jon Bosley goal.
Lifton beat Godolphin Atlantic in a feisty affair with the visitors reduced to ten men in the second half. Dan
Hoare, Anthony Coles and Darren Volz scored the goals.
Division Three leaders Tregrehan Mills suffered a shock 2-1 home defeat to neighbours Packhorse Athletic
Mills dominated the first half but were caught out on the half hour mark when Neil White lobbed Packhorse
into the lead. The second half was a similar picture with Mills attacking incessantly but failing to find the
target. A quick break from Martin Bullock saw them fall two behind. Mills eventually pulled one back in the
86th minute with a 35 yard strike from Lee Thomas.
St Minver reserves beat Pelynt Reserves 5-1 and move up to fifth. The home scorers were Jason Northcott
with a hat trick and one apiece from Mike Green and Ben Cleave.
Gorran beat Lanivet Inn 3-2. Referee Paul Roberts officiated sensibly as conditions worsened after the
overnight rain. Shane Kibell scored a brace for Gorran with Guy Widdows getting their other goal.
St Stephen reserves pushed Southgate Seniors deeper into trouble near the bottom of Division Four after a 2-
1 win. On a sticky surface St Stephen started brightly scoring on 5 minutes with Charlie Stone heading in
from a Rodney Rickard free-kick. St Stephen went 2-0 up when Thomas Johns scored from close in after
they had beaten the offside trap. In the second half half Southgate pulled a goal back on 80 minutes through
Liam Cairns but St Stephen held on for the win.
Bottom of the table St Teath had a welcome win beating St Mawgan reserves 4-2. Dan Edwards scored a
brace for the hosts with Connor Bridgway and Dave Ord completing their tally. Luke Haynes and Chris
Leach replied for St Mawgan.
At the other end of the table Saltash United reserves maintained their unbeaten record with a lone goal win
over Padstow United and they now move up to second. Ashley Hooper was the marksman.
The top of the table late kick off clash between Rame Peninsula and Pensilva ended in an emphatic 6-0 away
win for Pensilva to open a slight gap at the top.
Liskeard Athletic and Boscastle reserves shared four goals in the only game in Division Five. Jake Olver and
Chris Owen scored for Liskeard with Sam Williams and Dean Favreau replying.
Foxhole reserves overcame higher division opponents North Petherwin reserves 5-0 in the first leg of the TJ
International Reserve Cup semi final to put one foot firmly into a final against Lostwithiel reserves. Three up
at the break they went on to claim a comfortable advantage. Matt Ravenscroft scored a hat trick with Aydan
Rundle bagging a brace.

Where next?

Duchy round Up April 9th All this weekends Duchy League action
Duchy Round Up 19th March All this weekends Duchy league and cup action

The Duchy League | www.duchyleague.co.uk newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.