Duchy Round Up 16th April

By Dan Code

All this weekends Duchy League action

JJ Jones Duchy Football League
St Minver remain in control at the top of the Premier Division after beating Biscovey 5-3. The visitors took
an early lead before Ryan Pooley equalised. St Minver were then awarded a 35th minute penalty and Corey
Cleave put them ahead. Steve Wootton finished off a good team move after the break to stretch their lead but
back came Biscovey with their second goal. Cleave completed his hat trick with his second penalty, but
Biscovey battled to the end, their goals coming from Rory Barnicle, and an Alex Woodcock brace.
Looe Town continue to pressure the leaders after a fine 6-0 win at Foxhole.
North Petherwin had a fine 6-0 win over Pelynt to give them a big boost in their battle against relegation and
draw their beaten rivals right into the mix. Joe Reeve scored a brace with Jim Werren, Adam Smith and Josh
Sanders getting a goal apiece. The final goal came from left back John Wallace, his first ever goal.
St Mawgan eked out another point from a one all draw with Saltash United and move to within a point of
Pelynt and with a better goal difference after the day's results. Chris Jordan was the home scorer.
St Dominick look doomed after losing 2-3 at home to Lostwithiel. Jordan Cummings gave the visitors a 15th
minute lead and on the half hour Ben Wilkinson doubled the advantage. Chris Lynch brought the hosts back
in the game in the 35th minute and five minutes after the break Rhys Cloake equalised. Lostwithiel hit back
with Ben Wilkinson scoring the winner in the 65th minute to ease away from the bottom clubs.
St Stephen won a high scoring encounter at Torpoint Athletic 4-3.
Callington Town picked up another three points towards the Division One title thrashing Premier Sixes 7-0.
There was a brace apiece for Dan Ashman and Liam Bryant with Steve Bromhead, Kev Pethick and Billy
Coton completing the rout.
St Columb Major took a stride towards safety with a good 2-0 win over AFC Bodmin. A goal in each half
from Aaron Bicknell and Aaron Hawken led them to the crucial three points in a game the hosts fully
deserved to win, putting in a good all round team performance.
Gunnislake beat Grampound 2-1 with the winning goal coming in injury time. Chris Parsons headed the
hosts into a 10th minute lead. Grampound appeared to had earned a point when Ryan Orchard pulled away
from a set play to equalise five minutes from time. With a draw looking certain, Andy Bell stepped up to
score the host's winner.
Boscastle hit North Hill's promotion hopes in Division Two with a lone goal win. Sam Haddy scored the only
goal early in the first half. North Hill came on strongly after the break with the hosts defending well to hold
on to their lead.
Second placed Holywell/Cubert Athletic dropped a couple of points after a one all draw with Lifton. Simon
Holmes of Holywell traded goals with Cameron Heard.
Tintagel capitalised on their promotion rivals dropping points by picking up a 3-0 win over St Cleer and
move into a threatening position with games in hand. Adam Price, Joe Gibson and Craig Stollery were the
Godolphin Atlantic edged Stoke Climsland closer to the drop picking up three crucial points in their own
relegation fight. Godolphin won 5-2 with Harrie Tilston scoring a brace and Danny Martin, Matt Lippett and
Kevin McHugh completing their tally. Kieran Ryall scored both Stoke goals.
Division Three leaders Tregrehan Mills took a giant stride towards the title. The first half at Lanivet Inn was
fairly even but they went into the break 3-1 up. Dean Dingle gave them the lead with Dave Crawford
restoring parity. Dom Swire and a second from Dingle put Mills in control. The second half showed the
visitors at their best.. Sam Rowse came off the bench to score their fourth. Dingle completed his hat trick
with Lewis Husband completing the scoring.
St Merryn boosted their goal difference as they seek promotion after winning 9-1 at Pelynt reserves. Josh
Dark scored a hat trick, Kevin Allen a brace with the other visiting goals from Lewis Canfield, Jack Bray,
Chris Williams and an own goal from Luke Barnes. Ryan Oxley scored the Pelynt consolation.
Mevagissey dropped home points from a one all draw with St Minver reserves. The game featured two
dismissals and up to eight cautions but wasn't that type of game. Sam Blount scored for Mevagissey and
Corrie Crook for St Minver.
Tregony has jumped out of the bottom two after a second successive win. They beat High Street 3-2 with
Kevin Beel scoring a brace and Kieran Watkins completing the home tally. Jay Tipton and Ryan Best replied
for High Street.
Gorran beat Packhorse Athletic 3-1 to stay on the fringe of the promotion race. Dave Jones, Tom Guest and
James Rogers scored for the hosts with Simon Carhart replying for Packhorse.
Pensilva closed in on the Division Four title after beating St Dennis reserves 3-1. The game was reversed
with Boscawen Park again unplayable. Mike Rendle scored a brace for the hosts with Brendan McCarthy
courtesy of a huge deflection getting the other home goal. Nathan Fosten replied for St Dennis.
Saltash United reserves picked up a good 2-1 win at Padstow United. The game was end-to-end although the
wind made conditions rather tricky. Ashley Hooper gave Saltash a 50th minute lead, but within four minutes
the hosts were level through Kyle Tippett. There was a break in play around a Saltash substitution and for
some reason Padstow failed to switch back on and almost immediately Hooper scored his second and the
winner. Ryan Smedley had a fine game in the hosts defence but overall the visitors just deserved the points.
St Stephen reserves completed a double over Rame Peninsula in eight days again winning 3-2. They went
ahead in the 14th minute through Joe Stone with a shot from inside the area and increased their lead on the
half hour with a deflected free-kick from James Allen from 18 yards out. St Stephen went 3-0 up in the 44th
minute again Stone took a pass from man of the match Anjour Jamai and scored from just inside the area.
The second half was all Rame Peninsula as they fought back with goals on 68 minutes and 75 minutes
through Luke Robinson and Connor McHale but try as they might St Stephen held on to take all 3 points.
Liskeard Athletic hit nine without reply over bottom of the table Lostwithiel reserves in Division Five. Zak
Mollard hit a hat trick with Jamie Pearce adding a brace. The remaining goals came from Jake Olver, George
Savage, Harry Gilbert and an own goal.
Week St Mary were on the end of a 5-4 defeat at home to Dobwalls with some sloppy defending proving
their downfall. Dobwalls scored through Matt Bryant, Jordan Goodison-Powell, Jacob Kendall. Lenny
Hummagain and Matt Pascoe. Week replied with goals from Toby Durling, Rob Pearce, Jake Cartwright and
Frank Barriball. Dobwalls go top, but have played more games with the top four now separated by just one
Foxhole reserves are through to the TJ International Reserve Team Cup Final. Five ahead from the first leg
they went down to a 2-1 defeat at North Petherwin reserves but go through 6-2 on aggregate. Simon Oliver
gave Petherwin a first half lead. Bradley Allen equalised after the break to finally put the game out of reach
but Petherwin fought back to win on the day with Paul Chidley getting the late winner

Where next?

Duchy Round Up 23rd April All this weekends Duchy League action
Duchy round Up April 9th All this weekends Duchy League action

The Duchy League | www.duchyleague.co.uk newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.