Duchy Round Up 19th March

2 years ago By Dan Code

All this weekends Duchy league and cup action

JJ Jones Duchy Football League St Dennis take the final place in the KMD Developments KO Cup semi finals although they were a little fortunate to beat St Columb Major 5-4 on penalties after a one all draw. Tom Ball gave St Columb a 12th minute lead. St Dennis claimed their equaliser fifteen minutes into the second half through Mark Rowe. St Columb were denied by the woodwork, hitting a post and also the underside of the crossbar. With no further scoring after extra time St Dennis won through on penalties.
Two Premier Division struggler’s shared the spoils as St Mawgan drew one all with North Petherwin. Dave Bertie scored for St Mawgan with Joe Reeve replying for North Petherwin but on current form at least one of these clubs could face relegation.
Looe Town missed a chance to close in on the top two when held one all at St Stephen. Craig Coad put St Stephen ahead in the 20th minute with a header from a Kyle Willmott cross. A quick break in the 77th minute saw Cameron Patterson finishing after a defence splitting ball from the Looe no. 7 for the equaliser. Looe were reduced to ten men in the dying minutes for a player using his arm dangerously.
Edgcumbe leapfrog Biscovey into second place after beating their rivals 4-3. Sam Roberts hit a hat trick with Danny Rodgers completing the home tally. Biscovey replied with goals from Scott Sampson, Charlie Appleby and Ross Woodcock.
John Harris gave Lostwithiel a first half lead at home to Saltash United. The visitors fought back strongly after half time to win 3-1 with goals from Josh Fedrick, Karl Whitehead and Lee Powell.
Foxhole continued their revival with a 4-1 defeat of Pelynt. Three up at half time they eased off after the break but still went on for a comfortable win. Caleb Hawken scored a hat trick with Martyn Jones getting their other goal.
Sticker go back to the top of Division One after beating Gunnislake 4-0. On a pitch that had dried out significantly during the past week neither side could control the ball with ease. Consequently there was little first half goal action, the nearest anyone came to scoring was a Sam Fogarty header which clipped the bar. The second half started in similar vein but it was Sticker who broke the deadlock with a Gus Angilley run through and score. The home side continued to look indecisive with their one goal lead and it was not until the latter stages that substitute Chris Kilbey doubled the score. A Jack Boardman penalty and an Adam Cleaves tap in made it four and gave a somewhat flattering air to the result.
Overnight leaders Callington were nowhere near their best as they were held one all at home by AFC Bodmin. They were a little fortunate on the day with Dan Ashman getting their only goal and perhaps the players minds are more on their forthcoming Junior Cup final. Dexter Reeves was the Bodmin scorer.
LC Phoenix are just behind the leading pack. Jowan Knight scored the only goal as they won their derby match at Altarnun.
St Newlyn East suffered a hammering at Gerrans & St Mawes United but showed their customary good spirits, never dropping their heads at any time despite losing sixteen to nil. The man in black Robin Tucker had a fine game in the middle, but most credit must go to the valiant losers. Charlie Jones scored seven goals with Harry Wilshaw adding a hat trick. James Fryer added a brace with the other goals shared between Josh Kendall, Rory Jarvis, Josh Martin and Jordan Rogers.
Holywell/Cubert Athletic suffered a setback in their Division Two promotion battle when beaten 3-1 at home by Tintagel. Joe Gibson, Adam Price and Craig Stollery scored for Tintagel with Simon Holmes netting the home consolation.
Veryan moved a step closer to the title beating Lifton 4-1. The visitors put up stiff resistance and gave the hosts a good challenge to overcome. Two Tyler Cheshire goals and one each from Craig Phillips and Liam Cocks secured the points. Lifton's goal was only the third league goal conceded by Veryan this season.
Calstock were forced two switch their game to Tavistock 3G after some mindless idiot drove a car over their pitch which was finally playable after all the wet weather. The referee after an inspection on Friday ruled the ground unfit hence the late change of venue. Calstock went down to a 4-3 defeat to St Breward in a good game with the woodwork denying them a chance to pick up crucial points. Martin Jago scored a brace for St Breward with Matt Hamley and Paul Dowson adding a goal apiece. Sean Cleave scored a brace in reply with Ricky Williams completing the Calstock tally.
Godolphin Atlantic were held one all at home by St Cleer as they battle against relegation. Kevin McHugh scored for Godolphin with Liam Donaghy replying for St Cleer.
Stoke Climsland stay bottom after drawing one all at home with Boscastle. Alex Manuel scored for Stoke with Dan Piper replying.
North Petherwin reserves were forced to change keepers when their regular keeper was injured in the warm up. Stand in keeper Lee Hannaford had a fine game but he was helpless with the only goal scored by St Merryn's Lewis Canfield. A stunning volley from all of forty yards screamed into the top corner. The goal revives St Merryn's Division Three title challenge and all credit to referee Dave Sellars who handled the game superbly.
However with games in hand, its Tregrehan Mills that remain in prime position. A 3-0 win at Delabole United all but ends the home teams challenge and places Mills in a dominant position. Dom Swire and Dean Dingle were amongst their scorers.
The Par track derby between High Street and Packhorse Athletic ended one all to give the visitors another important point in their relegation battle. Ryan Best of High Street traded goals with Packhorse's Neil White.
Pelynt reserves stay in the bottom two after a heavy 6-1 home defeat to St Minver reserves. Mike Green scored a hat trick with Rob Green, Luke Henderson and Mike Kempthorne adding a goal apiece. Troy Taylor scored the home consolation.
Gorran playing their first home game since October beat deadly rivals Grampound reserves 2-1. Rob Hurrell and Andrew Whatty scored for Gorran with Ryan Morcom, an earlier transfer target of Gorran, replying for the visitors.
Lanivet Inn and Mevagissey shared four goals. Dave Crawford put the hosts in front. Bruce Campbell equalised with Ben Bould then putting the visitors ahead. Dave Crawford struck again to give the hosts a point. This was a good even contest with both teams having chances to force the win. Campbell was sent off late in the game.
Saltash United reserves hammered Kilkhampton 8-0 to enhance their Division Four title challenge. New signing Hayden Bray scored a brace with the other goals coming from George Kotsias, Matt Mackey, Charlie Duncan, Kieran Owen, Curtis Lanfear and an own goal.
Leaders Real Saltash were beaten 4-3 at Roche as the title race opens up with a number of teams challenging.
Pensilva return to the top after winning one nil at Padstow United. The home side edged the first half but were toothless in front of goal. A few injuries has disrupted the home sides progress although the performance of young right back Josh Barnes in his first game was a plus. Pensilva upped their game in the second half as Padstow tired with Jon Filbey netting the winning goal.
St Teath look doomed to relegation after going down 3-1 at home to Rame Peninsula. Rame scored through Connor Gibson, Connor McHale and Matt Hulcoop-Searle. Connor Bridgway was the home scorer.
Southgate Seniors also have a battle to survive after a 3-0 home defeat by St Stephen reserves.
The Division Five promotion race has been thrown wide open by Premier Sixes reserves recent withdrawal and the resulting changes in the table as a result. Two sides on the fringes had good wins. Liskeard Athletic
won 4-3 at Week St Mary with Zak Mollard hitting a hat trick. Jake Olver completed their tally with Toby Darling, Nick Lapham and Rob Hambly replying for Week St Mary.
Lanreath raised their hopes beating Boscastle reserves 4-0. Joe Boswell and Tom Rowe scored a brace apiece.
Wadebridge Town are off the bottom after a first win of the season. They beat Looe Town reserves 4-1 with Ladislav Andrashazi scoring a brace. Aaron Worth and Sam Greenaway completed the home scoring.

Where next?

Duchy Round Up April 2nd All this weekends Duchy league action
Duchy Round Up 12th March This weekends Duchy league and cup action

The Duchy League | www.duchyleague.co.uk newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.