Duchy Round Up 12th March

2 years ago By Dan Code

This weekends Duchy league and cup action

JJ Jones Duchy Football League Derrick Lucas scored four goals as an on form Mevagissey overwhelmed Padstow United 8-0 to reach the semi finals of the Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup. Ben Bould added a brace with John Raikes and Krzysztop Kruszewski, with a first of the season, completing the rout.
Veryan will play Mevagissey in the last four after outclassing Tintagel 6-0. The holders struck early and regularly with goals from Martin O'Callaghan, Tyler Cheshire, Justin Trebilcock, Craig Phillips, an Ollie Young penalty and a Dan Vincent goal.
Tregrehan Mills are through to a semi final against Roche after beating Boscastle 2-0. The first half was rather drab and goalless on a bobbly pitch. Mills upped their game after the restart against their higher ranked opponents. Adam Sabine put them ahead, heading in a Callum Chillingworth cross. Sabine then scored a second to settle the tie.
Division Five Lostwithiel reserves are into the TJ International Reserve Cup final after beating higher ranked St Stephen reserves 3-1 on aggregate. Lostwithiel two up from the away leg were held one all at home. Andrew Honey scored their goal with Charlie Stone replying for St Stephen.
Corey Cleave gave Premier Division leaders St Minver a fifth minute lead at Foxhole. Stuart Parkyn doubled the advantage before half time after good work from Dan Cox. The home side after the early setback played much better than of late hitting the post twice and causing their opponents some further problems. However, there was no further scoring with St Minver winning 2-0.
Looe Town overcame a potential banana skin and it certainly wasn't plain sailing in their 3-1 defeat of Lostwithiel to continue their title challenge. Looe scored through Tom Whitebrook, Danny Carroll and an own goal with John Harris pulling a goal back for Lostwithiel.
Biscovey faced North Petherwin for the second successive week. This game proved much more difficult with Biscovey finally winning 4-2. In a tight game Alex Woodcock lobbed the keeper to put Biscovey ahead. Charlie Appleby scored the second with a header in the six yard box but within a minute Joe Reeve pulled a goal back. Biscovey were handed an own goal to restore their two goal lead, but once again Petherwin fought back with Josh Sanders scoring after a goal mouth scramble. With the last kick of the game Lee Budge scored the hosts fourth from out wide.
Edgcumbe beat St Mawgan 2-1 to maintain their challenge. Jay Boyle and Zack Pearce scored for Edgcumbe with Joe Gwilliams replying.
St Stephen celebrated reaching the Junior Cup final with an 8-2 thrashing of St Dominick. Craig Coad headed them into a 10th minute lead from a Matt Bromhead cross. Bromhead scored the second from close in on 16 minutes before Ben Jeffery in the 25th minute pulled a goal back. Bromhead restored the two goal lead four minutes later but Jeffery quickly replied with a volley. St Stephen ran away with the game scoring five more goals after the break. Coad completed his hat trick with goals in the 50th and 58th minutes. Matt Truscott scored from 30 yards in the 72 minute, Will Watson with a header from a corner four minutes later and Dave Grose on 90 minutes with a shot shot from inside the area.
Torpoint Athletic won 3-0 at Saltash United in one of four games where the clubs agreed an unofficial referee to help overcome the referee shortages. Mike Roberts, Matt Westall and Lee Vigus were the Torpoint scorers.
Overnight Division One leaders Sticker were held one all at St Columb Major. Maddison Carne scored for the hosts to secure a crucial point in their battle against relegation. Bradley Ralph was the Sticker marksman.
Callington Town retake top spot after beating Gunnislake 4-0. Kieran Prescott, Dan Ashman, Liam Bryant and Aiden Bryant scored their goals.
St Dennis missed a chance to close in on the top two when held goalless at Altarnun. The home team put in their best performance of the season to thwart their opponents.
LC Phoenix played their first home game since October and beat Grampound 6-0 to celebrate their return. Cameron Bailey hit a hat trick with Darren Webber adding a brace and Dan Castle completing their total.
A cracking game at Tretherras saw Gerrans & St Mawes United edge out Premier Sixes by the odd goal in seven. Lee Paxton put the hosts ahead but the visitors hit back to equalise and then took the lead. Dan Woodgate restored parity only for GSM to retake the lead. Paxton scored his second to draw the teams level before ten minutes from the end the visitors snatched a winner.
North Hill beat Lifton 3-1 to remain with high hopes of promotion from Division Two. Jason Ridgment and Paul Breyley scored for North Hill with their other goal coming from veteran Martin Budge thought to be the first goal he has ever scored. Lifton replied through Dave Prynne.
Holywell/Cubert Athletic kept their promotion hopes alive beating St Breward 2-0. Ashley Williams and Lee Mann netted the goals.
A hat trick apiece from Ronan Moran and Liam Donaghy gave St Cleer a 7-1 win over Stoke Climsland leaving the visitors on the bottom. Zak Horsley was the other home scorer with Kieran Ryall getting the visitors consolation.
Godolphin Atlantic beat Calstock 2-1. Callum Gadney and Kevin McHugh hit the home goals.
St Merryn dropped two vital points in their quest for promotion from Division Three. Two diabolical pieces of defending in the first half put them in danger of defeat but a fine fightback after half time saw them battle back to draw three all with Lanivet Inn. A sporting and extremely fast contest saw a Dave Crawford brace and a Dave Jennings goals put the visitors in a strong position. St Merryn rallied claiming their point with goals from Kelvin Hayes, Kevin Allen and Jon Elderfield.
Pelynt reserves climbed off the bottom after picking up a two all draw at Grampound reserves. The home defence failed to clear a corner and Jake Bellamy punished them to put Pelynt ahead. Matt Clements playing his first game for a very long time equalised for Grampound. The visitors restored the lead before half time through Connor Bone, but fifteen minutes from time Peter Thomas hit a good shot that deflected off a defender into the goal for the equaliser.
Packhorse Athletic were another relegation battler to win beating Gorran 3-1. The home goals came from Brandon Tregidgo, Hayden Tregidgo with the third blasted into his own net by a Gorran defender. Dave Jones replied for the visitors.
Tregony replace Pelynt at the bottom and eased their opponents North Petherwin reserves relegation fears as the visitors won 7-4. Scott Baker hit a hat trick and Ryan Harris a brace for Petherwin. Luke Rich and Craig Charnock completed their tally. Ross Vicary hit a hat trick for Tregony in reply with Shaun Pickering getting their other goal.
Two potential Division Four promotion hopefuls shared four goals as Roche and Rame Peninsula couldn't be separated. Ben Lawrence gave Roche an early lead but goals from Luke Robinson and Connor McHale put Rame ahead at the break. Lewis Burnett scored in the second half to gain Roche a draw.
St Dennis reserves were facing a fightback at Kilkhampton when a goal four minutes from time gave them a 4-2 success. Kilkhampton played much better than of late and at 3-2 down were pressing hard for the equaliser before the late sucker punch. James Carne scored a hat trick for St Dennis, the other goal going in off a home defender. Kilkhampton replied through Luke Francis and an own goal.
St Mawgan reserves beat Southgate Seniors 2-1 to ease away from one of the chief relegation rivals. Luke Haynes and Matt Lamb scored for St Mawgan with Liam Cairns replying.
Division Five leaders St Eval Spitfires surprisingly lost 2-1 at home to Boscastle reserves. Lee Gallagher scored the home goal but strikes from Mike Barrett and Aaron Washer gave Boscastle the points.
Liskeard Athletic also dropped points when sharing six goals with bottom club Wadebridge Town. Jacob Olver scored all three home goals. Wadebridge picked up a rare point thanks to goals from Jonny May, Danny O'Hara and Ladislav Andrashazi.
Dobwalls were the days big winners in the promotion race as they beat Looe Town reserves 2-1 with Ben Gaynor scoring both home goals.

Where next?

Duchy Round Up 19th March All this weekends Duchy league and cup action
Junior Cup Semi-Final St Stephen 5-2 Penryn Athletic

The Duchy League | www.duchyleague.co.uk newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.